Enrich Compost with Blended Vegetable Peels

To enrich my compost, I save my peels as I'm cooking. I blend them till smooth and I stir them into the dirt of my compost pile. It reduces garbage and enriches my compost pile. Also, blending it reduces the chance that animals will smell it since it's totally blended when I put it in and I mix it with dirt.

By Ema from Brooklyn, NY

Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean, "to enrich your compost?" That's how I make my compost; I use yard and kitchen waste - browns and greens. Blending just takes extra time. The scraps break down quickly enough. I've never had a problem with pests in my pile, although I did have a mole who would winter under the pile because of the radiating warmth from the winter cold.

Home and Garden Gardening CompostingMay 19, 2010
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf21281378.tip.html