Baby ShowerParties

Rubber Duck invitations

I'm having a baby shower in late June for a niece. I'd like to decorate with Rubber Ducks as a theme. I know it will not be hard to get decorations together, but I'd love invitations with ducks on them. Has anyone seen them or has a cute idea of how to make them?

Also I'd like a duck candy mold to make soap favors. Does anyone know of a website that has free printable backgrounds (I guess you'd call it wallpaper?) for cards in a Gingham check print? I'd thought about gingham background with a craft foam Duck glued on.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions please help. Thanks!

Sharon,Ky

What a cute idea, Sharon! Here's a site with invitations with rubber duck: http://store.ab  invitations.html

You can always to go some where like Walmart or Hobby Lobby and buy some scrapbook paper and then make your own invites. Just a thought.

If you have a color copier, try buying a small piece of gingham and copying it onto cardstock. If you don't have a copier, you could cut the fabric to fit your invitation and glue the foam ducky on it. Use decorative-edged scissors to cut the fabric.
You could also buy scrapbook paper and copy/glue it to your card.

I was thinking of doing a duck theme also for my sister's shower. I am making my own invitations by drawing a duck on yellow construction paper and cutting it out, putting an orange beak on it, a wiggle eye and a yellow feather for the wing. I also created a poem for the inside of the invitation. I like you duck soap mold idea. Do you have a mold? If so where did you get it? mjike at sbcglobal.net

I would try WWW.PAPERPALACE.COM they have cute invites and they also have a big selection aside from online. All you have to do is call and tell them what exactly you need and they put a variety together for you.