Pet StainsPets

Deterrent for Pets

Does anyone know of a good product that can be sprayed onto area rugs that will deter pets from going back to the same spot over and over? To use even after the rug is cleaned!

Pat from Seneca, SC

I think your animals are going back to the same place even after cleaning because the spot isn't REALLY clean. Animals tend to do that if they can smell anything there. Use an enzyme eater cleaner (I'm familiar with Nature's Miracle) to totally clean the spot and then do something wierd like put a stool or small table over the spot until the animal forgets.

By Pat (Guest Post)

I have read a lot of info about this but the thing that works best for me is bleach and water, sprayed on the spot after it is cleaned. Try it on a hidden spot first but I have never had a problem with it bleaching the carpet.

Anonymous

White vinegar should remove the smell.

there is a product I bought at WalMart, it is called Kids N Pets, for about $5. It states it will even take out skunk. I don't know about the skunk, but it worked great on cat urine and on dog diarrhea. Let me tell you it is a great thing for the money and my cats have never gone to that place again. Wonderful for me!!!

Good luck,
Laura

By Rebecca (Guest Post)

Nature's Miracle is the greatest product! I had a real problem with one of my cats peeing on the carpet. We got him another litter box which solved the problem and Nature's Miracle was the ONLY thing that got rid of the smell completely. Good Luck!