Interlibrary Loans

When my library doesn't have a book I'm interested in reading, I ask the librarian if it can be ordered through interlibrary loan. My library finds the book in another library, which loans it to my library, which loans it to me. This also works well to preview a book I might be interested in buying.

By Lynn

By Diane (Guest Post)

My library is online and I can see from home if the book I want is in the system and order it right from home.
They don't deliver though!

By (Guest Post)

You all are sooo lucky. I'm lucky to find any book at our library. There is NO interlibrary loan. They've never even heard of it. I used to live an hour south of Chicago and had access to millions of books. Now I live in SW MO and the choice is extremely limited.