Blood Stains on Car Upholstery?

How do you remove blood stains from car upholstery? It has been on there all afternoon.

By Patti from Portland, OR

I've read blotting it repeatedly with club soda.

Hydrogen peroxide does the job!

Hydrogen peroxide works wonders, but only blot it on working in small areas. You can let it dry and then re-blot later to remove more. I used cotton balls to blot. This will protect your upholstery color!

Have you removed the body yet?

I've heard both hydrogen peroxide or club soda work. If hydrogen peroxide definitely blot and do not soak the area.

Patti, I hope you don't mind the humor here regarding your serious question! It is meant in heartfelt fun.
Tomatohanger, you gave me huge giggles! I was thinking maybe there had been a fist fight and someone definitely got the loosing end ;-)

Husband took dogs to groomer for nail clipping. Apparently one of the dog's quick was cut and my husband did not realize it. When he came home his statement was something like "ah do you have something I can clean the car with?" I went outside and had a virtual heart failure. There were at least 100 blood spots on pale gray upholstery, on the back part of a Toyota Prius. We used microfiber cloths, magic erasers, MeanGreen and a scrub brush. I then took out my steam rug shampoo machine and used the upholstery attachment. I was still not pleased so I took the back part out of the car, brought it in the house and used the floor shampoo feature. Yes I am still married. I only wish I would have been in a better frame of mind and done the research beforehand. Hindsight truly is 20/20.

How do I get blood stains out of car upholstery? The fabric is stretchy polyester and nothing has worked. I have tried bleach, Resolve stain remover, scrubbing, hot water, cold water, Oxy stain remover, etc.

By Mary Ellen

Answers:

Blood Stains on Car Upholstery

Hydrogen peroxide works (usually) to remove bloodstains. Also, cold water never hot. A fresh stain is more likely to come out, not an older one. (04/29/2010)

By OliveOyl

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorJuly 31, 2010
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf24574713.tip.html

Cleaning InteriorCars