Use Spices to Protect Garden Bulbs

Two seasons ago, I lost 200 bulbs to squirrels. They cross the highway to get to our yard like it was a salad bar at Boston Market. I read that an older lady used spices, particularly cinnamon and cayenne. So I went to Costco and bought 500 more bulbs and a bulk jar of cinnamon because there was a coupon for it at their door and the cayenne was not on sale. Anyway, as I planted my bulbs I dusted them all with plenty of cinnamon. This year I really don't think we lost a single one.

Source: Mother Earth News

By Edmund from Manchester, England

Thank you for posting this. I have never had luck with bulbs because the raccoons and skunks dig them up and feast. I read Mother Earth also, but never noticed this tip. I am going to pass it along to my friends. You have my vote!

Home and Garden Gardening BulbsNovember 9, 2011
👒
🐛
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf24922534.tip.html