KitchenHome Improvement

Replacing Kitchen Cabinet Doors and Drawers

I have 2 kitchen cabinets that need a door replaced and a drawer replaced. I have no idea how to find someone to make replacements for these 2 pieces and what the cost would be. Does anyone have any idea who to contact about this?

Tonysgirl

My sister was lucky enough to ask her contacts -- people she saw at the bank, the nail salon, hairdresser, co-workers and was told about a wonderful "professional hobby" carpenter. He worked in another line of business, but had been doing woodworking as a serious hobby for years. He did a good bit of work for her and it was flawless -- not to mention less than a carpenter would have charged. Asking around was well worth it!

Good luck -- and don't be afraid to ask anyone you regularly come in contact with -- they will probably be flattered that you asked for their help.

Ask around for a salvage yard its amazing what builders remodeling toss out. Most areas have them. Worth a look and the prices are usually very low. Good Luck!!

You can buy cabinet doors at a major home improvement c enter. People often just add new doors when remodeling, instead of the expense of ripping cabinets out and starting new. Most stores like HD have people who will ionstall these (for a fee, of course)

Hi TonysGirl,

Go to your local Home Depot. They'll be able

to order any kind of cabinet door you need,

finished or unfinished. Actually, it'll be cheaper

than having them custom made too.

All the best to you,

Julia in Orlando, FL

HEY TONYSGIRL,

I RECENTLY OVERHAULED MY KITCHEN CABNITS.

THE CABNITS WERE SHINY BROWN AND ANCIENT SO I TOOK THE DOORS OFF AND SANDED THE REST .

THEN I PAINTED THEM WITH WHITE INTERIOR PAINT

AND THE PEICES THAT RUN IN BETWEEN. IT LOOKED SO CLEAN AND PURE I DECIDED TO LEAVE THE DOORS OFF. WHAT A NEW OULOOK TO A DRAB KITCHEN... GOOD LUCK DESTINY FROM FLORIDA

How do I remove sliding kitchen cabinet drawers so I can replace a faucet. How are the drawers removed? Do they simply get pulled apart? My drawers have two moving metal slides and two stationary tracks.