FruitBeverages

Quick and Easy Thirst Quencher

Take lemons, limes, oranges and slice them thinly. Put into a large container and fill with water. Cover and let sit in the 'fridge till its icy cold. Pour over ice in tall glasses and enjoy! Very cheap, very refreshing and it can be made different by the fruits you add.

By Crafty Chrissy from Oshkosh, WI

By me (Guest Post)

lemons, lines and oranges are not cheap.

By wildwoodwaitress (Guest Post)

Hi,

Nice idea. It's been hot here and I made your recipe the other day. It's very refreshing. It reminded me of my grandmother who made fresh brewed ice tea and added slices of oranges and lemons that she first squeezed gently into the tea. A real treat!

I refill the jar a couple of times to get the most use from the citrus slices. Doesn't take many to make a nice beverage. You could also add a little stevia to sweeten.

Compared to flavored bottled water, I think this recipe is much cheaper, better for you and saves buying and recycling plastic bottles.

Thanks for telling us about it!

By karen (Guest Post)

Yum!