FurnitureCleaning

Stain On Painted Cabinet

Category Furniture

I bought clear storage containers (for cards, wrapping paper, candles, etc.) and placed them inside my cabinet/closet (painted white). When I removed it from the shelf - to take something out of them - I discovered that it had left a gray/black stain on the wall that it touched.

I tried vinegar but it only partially dulled the mark. Are my clear containers of the very inexpensive variety or is my white paint the problem?

Jean

By (Guest Post)

I have taken my big rugs down to the car wash and pressure washed them in the SUMMER as it will have to be taken home to dry and its better to let them drip dry over saw horses and dry WELL or it could mildew. OR you may have to rent a shampooer and shampoo the rug then take it outside and allow to dry on the saw horses to allow good ventilation underneath to dry completly.

By B. FRYE (Guest Post)

This is most likely mildew , put some bleach in a pail of water and try to wash down the wall . I'm pretty sure its not your containers , it could be that closet is not opened oftened and not much air gets in there to circulate