FurnitureMake Your Own

Making A Papasan Chair Cushion

How can I make a papasan chair cushion without putting a lot of money into it? I bought the frame at a Goodwill and found a way to make a cushion, but I just wondered if I could get some other ideas? Thanks!

SJ

Did you see this link on making a cushion with old bed pillows? Pillows are also on sale for cheap this time of year for back to school dorm supply sales if you want to start with fresh.

www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Papasan-Chair-Cushion

Sometimes it is less expensive to use sheets (don't know if it is thick for a chair cushion though) or old blankets, quilts or bedspreads instead of yardage. Or try the sale section of your local fabric store.

I always wanted a papasan chair. Napping in one is like sleeping in a little cocoon. :-)

I'm going to try this: Sew a number of long tubes, about 3" in diameter, stuff each, then join together at the ends and coil to proper size then hand stitch to keep the coil together. If it works I'll post a photo. Good luck.