Sticker Residue on Suede?

I put a sticky name tag on my new suede jacket and now the glue won't come off. Any ideas on how to take the glue off of my jacket?

Diana from Sioux Falls, SD

By Sones (Guest Post)

"Remove dry stains and marks from suede by gently rubbing a pencil eraser on the affected area. Hope this helps. Julie..Happy holidays : ) (12/12/2005)

By maddhatterr"
Thank you so much! This was the perfect remedy for my suede jacket.

I tried the pencil eraser and it definitely did NOT work. Will purchase an art eraser to see if that does the trick.

The pencil eraser works. Thanks!!!
George

By washburndp (Guest Post)

Thank you!! Julie's advice on removing sticker residue from suede with an eraser saved me $40!

By Barry W. (Guest Post)

Yes- Julie was right on! I too put a name sticker on my suede sports coat and it wouldn't all come off. I got a pencil eraser and went at it and it took it off. I read elsewhere that an art gum eraser may be better.

Then remembering my first pair Hush Puppies, when they came with a wiry suede brush, I found a little stiff brush and finished it off. It raised all the knap and made it blend in better.

I want to kiss whoever suggested this! While moving my friends packed my favorite suede jacket and put 5" of packing tape on it. I thought it was ruined. I used an art eraser and its like new. You're a genius! Thanks!

Baby wipes will take it right off.

I bought an expensive pair of shoes on sale and the label was on the inside of each shoe and then under the store spotlights so the sticky was bad. The eraser worked fast and effortlessly with no damage to the leather.

How can gum from a shop label be removed from a suede jacket.

Teagreen from Limerick, Ireland

Answers:

Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

Remove dry stains and marks from suede by gently rubbing a pencil eraser on the affected area. Hope this helps.
Julie..Happy holidays : ) (12/12/2005)

By Julie

Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

I use a product called GooGone- don't know if they carry this in Ireland, but we have it in the US in our hardware/home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes. However, I'd recommend that you test it on an internal/lining area to see how the suede will act (it might leave a ring or spot.) (12/13/2005)

By Claudia- MD

Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

I tried the pencil eraser and could hardly believe how well it worked. The sticky gum is completely gone. The jacket is dark brown and although I can see where the label was, it looks like what I think is called, a natural imperfection and blends in. Thanks Julie. (12/13/2005)

By teagreen

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherFebruary 7, 2007
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26023453.tip.html

LeatherCleaning