Making a Canvas Bag Apron

A canvas shopping bag, some extra fabric, sewing skills, and a bit of design ingenuity combine to make a one of a kind apron. This is a guide about making a canvas bag apron.

Turn a canvas bag into an easy to make apron. Great for use at summer barbecues!

1. Remove the sewing from the sides of the bag.
  2. Cut off the bottom handle.
  3. Add material to the side to make the apron as wide as you want. If you are adding a color insert, like I did in the picture, sew the insert material to the "add on" material before sewing to the sides of the canvas bag.
  4. Ad

5. I cut 5 inch strips of muslin 30 inches long for the ties.
  6. Hem the bottom and you are done!

By Sandy from San Jose, CA

I try to redo, reuse and this is a cute idea! I have used large farmer type hankies and made aprons too for the little kids. Similar style.