Making a Canvas Bag Apron
A canvas shopping bag, some extra fabric, sewing skills, and a bit of design ingenuity combine to make a one of a kind apron. This is a guide about making a canvas bag apron
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn a canvas bag into an easy to make apron. Great for use at summer barbecues!
- Remove the sewing from the sides of the bag.
- Cut off the bottom handle.
- Add material to the side to make the apron as wide as you want. If you are adding a color insert, like I did in the picture, sew the insert material to the "add on" material before sewing to the sides of the canvas bag.
- I cut 5 inch strips of muslin 30 inches long for the ties.
- Hem the bottom and you are done!
By Sandy from San Jose, CA
February 4, 20130 found this helpful
I try to redo, reuse and this is a cute idea! I have used large farmer type hankies and made aprons too for the little kids. Similar style.