Ideas for Tile for Kitchen Remodel

I am remodeling my kitchen. Cabinets will be cherry wood and countertop will be black speckled with beige. I have a tile floor with small black specks. I also have a step up ledge that is tiled like the floor. On the wall in back of the ledge there is the opposite tile of the floor (black with very small white specks in the middle of the wall and on both sides of the black tile there is a section of the same tile that is on the floor. The step up area has a woodburning stove.

I want to replace the kitchen tile as many are cracked but the tiles are no longer made so I have to go with a new tile. My problem is what color tile? I don't want to take down the tile on the wall (big job) and tile would need to be replaced there because of the stove ducting on the wall. I need a tile that will go with the cabinets and countertops, but not clash with the wall tiles. Suggestions PLEASE?

MAC from New Jersey

PS. Forgot to add that my tile floor is white with small black speckles.

How about a sage green or a soft teal or a muted rose?

By Lynda (Guest Post)

Have you seen the lovely ad in magazines where both wood strips AND tile centers are used? I dream of having this in my kitchen one day.....You could use an oversized solid black MARBLE or larger ceramic tile, placed on a diagonal, then outline it and all others placed about 4" apart surrounded by wood or Pergo cherry wood stips.

After it's complete, it has a masculine large latticed effect with black tile centers. It's stunning, in my opinion. God bless you. : )

Lynda,

No I haven't see this but really would like to see how this looks. Since I don't plan on doing the floor until next year, I am certainly going to keep and eye out for this picture. Thanks!