AdviceCars

Magnetic Car Sticker Won't Come Off

I live in hot Florida. I had a big magnetic sticker on my truck which is now embedded and I can't peel it off. Any ideas on getting it off without ruining the paint?

Carmen from Daytona Beach, FL

Try using a hand held steamer......we used one to remove tinted windows sheets and they peeled right off. Worked great.

Use goo gone. It works on everything!

If something hot doesn't work try pouring ice water on it. That may harden the :glue" so it's not sticky anymore. I know I got pine tree sap off my car with handfuls of snow. But being in Florida you would nave to try ice water.

It's so important to take those car magnets off occasionally and wash the area where the magnet stuck as well as the back of the magnet. I know these things are great advertising tools for businesses, but I've been told they also will leave a shape of the magnet on the paint long after the magnet has been taken off, like when it comes time to sell your vehicle, it might take away from the vehicles resale value.

Pieces of a magnetic sticker were left on the back of my car and I used the hand held-steamer tip I found on this site. Yeah! It worked and since I had the steamer out, I steamed the interior windows clean. They are cleaner than ever.