General PurposeCleaning Supply Recipes

Homemade Natural Countertop Cleaners

I would like to get a recipe for: homemade counter cleaner. I am going as organic and natural as possible.

By Rita

Try one cup washing soda and two cups baking soda and a few drops of tea tree oil. Use similarly to Comet, but no scratching! Tthe tee tree oil is a natural disinfectant and smells nice too. I use this myself. It'll take red Koolaid out of white counters, let me tell you.

One day on the Oprah show a guest scientist said that the results of scientific testing show that the best cleaner to kill bacteria is equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and apple cider vinegar. Put in a spray bottle, then spray it on, and let sit for a few minutes before wiping it off.

This can be used for many things in addition to counters. The ACV smell dissapats after a few minutes. I use the solution myself in an attemp to decrease the usage of commercial cleaners in my home environment.