Rocks for the Garden

On our spring vacation, hubby and I went to a beach with LOTS of beautifully rounded stones. I gathered some up to put around the statues and other garden ornaments in my apartment garden. I make sure that I don't spend too much money on any garden decorations, as it is a public space and things disappear, but the few rocks make the area left bald by the gardeners look much nicer!

Note: Make sure that wherever you gather rock, there is a LOT of material. Some beaches have cobbles placed there specifically against erosion.

You can also use other natural materials such as drift wood - I put several large pine cones around the rocks, too.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA