TravelTravel and Recreation

If It Sounds Too Good to Be True...

Category Travel

This goes back to the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". We were offered a two day-one night package at a local resort for only $40CAN. We had to go up for a "tour" first. Turns out the tour was a very aggressive sales pitch to purchase a time share, or "vacation ownership".

If they call you, don't take the bait - don't waste your time and nerves on this "deal"

By Liz

my mom used t go on those all the time w/ my dad & when i was younger - they took me !
for a child -- that hour /hr & 1/2 can be really hard --but it, like other hr adult "things" came & went !
she got gifts for going , tv's ,toasters,telephones.message machines etc & in the later years of her doing this - in addition to the mini vacation - she also recieved a tank of gas & $50 towards dinner at olive garden !
you have to be really tough on these sales tours --be firm in saying no & alot of times they take you way way out in the boonies down a dusty country road where they anticipate development of a campground or resort or colony .

my mom was like the queen of these things i think -- (haha)
she told me once she had been asked the names of friends who might also be interested & when they were driven back to the point of origin (in a nice new ac'd car of course) she started to give her friends names & addresses & told the sales people straight forward that she had only come for the gift but was interupted with "if they are anything like you are - we don't want them!"
so...