Craft Idea for Sentimental Bricks

What can I do with 2 bricks that I got from the school where I met my husband 52 years ago?

By Missy

Make them bookends! How cool would that be?

Anonymous

paint a bride on one and a groom on the other

I have to ask, what's the story behind the bricks? How did you get them? Did they tear the school down?
Ok, here are my suggestions:

1. Have you ever seen the cartoon with Ignatz and Crazy Cat? Just kidding, I would never recommend spousal abuse. But I have to admit that's the first thing that came to my mind.

2. Put a short pathway of bricks in a garden and feature these two (side-by-side, of course) in the middle.

3. Glue them together (again, side-by-side) with some sort of heavy duty epoxy, or mortar, and use them as a door stop.

4. I'm not sure I would want to deface them, but if you wanted you could paint the date you met on them, or your names, one name per brick.

5. Use them in a rustic mantle or shelf arrangement with candles and greenery.

6. Make two draw-string bags of heavy fabric. Then, as was the custom years ago before electric blankets, heat the bricks on top of a wood stove. Then put in the bags and place under the covers at the foot of the bed, or under your feet while you watch TV. (don't know if they would heat in a microwave, could be unsafe.)

7. Make cement pavers for your garden out of concrete with a brick in the center, write date and name if you like in the wet cement. Place in garden together.

8. Epoxy them together and use them as the base of a table lamp.
That's it for now. More later if I think of anything.

Make book ends with them. Cover them in paper or felt or any other material. I was surprised to see this question because I have been thinking of getting me 4 bricks and making me some book-ends.

I need 1 set at my desk that I do my bills and other business. I also need one set in my craft room for my craft books. You can also paint them to match a room in your house and date it when you got them. Sit them by a fireplace. Hope this helps!

Find pictures of you and your husband at the time you met, individual or together and put them on the bricks along with the date. I think this would be a great way to remember the time and place you met. Display them in your house beside your wedding picture

Crafts AdviceJanuary 16, 2012
🌻
📓
🎂