General AdviceConsumer Advice

Adding More Laundry to a Kenmore Front Load Washer After Starting

I bought a Kenmore front-loading washer in 2003 and have yet to figure out how to unlock the door after it has fully started a cycle. The drain/spin button says to hold for 3 seconds to lock/unlock controls, but this does not allow the door to be opened for adding more clothes. Does someone who has this particular washing machine know how to open the door after the "add more laundry" light has gone out?

By Sandi

I have a Kenmore front loader, too. Many, many times I have added more to my washing by clicking the pause/cancel button once and after the machine has slowed down, it clicks and I know the door has unlocked. I add my additional clothes, then click the start button and it carries on from where it had stopped. I only do this right at the beginning of my washing.

I have a Kenmore front loader. It only allows the door to be opened for the 1st 3 minutes of a cycle. If you need it opened after that you need to stop the cycle and start over. I find that feature super annoying.

I don't have this brand but do have a front loader. I do just what Ace00 does, hit the pause button and wait a few and the door will click and unlock. When your finished hit the button again to lock and start wash. If hitting the pause button doesn't lock and start the cycle again try pushing the start button and that should do it! My pause and start buttons are the same one.