Pet PagesPets

Molly (Dog)

Molly is 11 and a pure mutt. Molly was a stray wandering the streets of Rochester, New York. She was hanging out at a business my husband frequented for his job. When he asked about her, no one seemed to know where she came from or if anyone had inquired after a missing dog. They were more than happy to have someone take her off their hands.

Molly loved to climb the big box elder tree in our backyard. The first time she did it, she was following the kids. Molly never wanted to be left behind, even if it meant going up a tree. After that first time she was hooked. She would climb the tree whenever she took a notion to get a bird's eye view of things. It was always funny to see her in her "look-out" spot.

We think Molly is part retriever, as she loves to swim. She will fetch anything that's thrown, will bring it back, and drop it at your feet. Molly never had to be taught, she seemed to instinctively know what we wanted her to do.

By ~gloria from western NY

Molly sounds like a wonderful dog! Some of our little poodles used to climb up on the arms & backs of chairs, but none of them ever tried to climb any of our trees. Molly is a hoot! Best wishes for many more years with her!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My folks had a dog that climbed a tree, I don't know if it happened more than once. But one time when my brother was home on leave from the Marines, he saw the dog chasing a cat across the yard and of course the cat climbed a tree, and the dog went after it. I would never have believed it, if my brother hadn't ran in the house and got the camera to take a picture.

Reply Like this photo? Yes