Use Baskets to Organize Refrigerator and Freezer

I find that if I use wire baskets (or plastic) to organize my freezer and refrigerator, it is so much easier to find things and also to clean them. I move the oldest items in the freezer to the bottom bin so they get used sooner. This has saved me a lot of time looking for things.

By desertgal from Phoenix, AZ

I use several of these in my refrigerator, but it does take up a lot of space. I keep soda in one, bottled water (refilled bottles) in one, small items in another, etc. I tried it in my freezer, but for some reason it doesn't work as well there.

Wow! You are so organized. I keep wanting to do this to my freezer, but I keep it pretty stocked, so I never seem to remember to measure the inside of it. I think that the next time I defrost it, I'm going to be more aggressive, and get it organized better. Right now, I'm just trying to finish my produce from last summer before putting more up this year.

I have 2 baskets on the top shelf of my pantry. I keep bags of chips in them. I don't have any trouble reaching them and nothing gets shoved to the back of the shelf and lost.

I use a rectange plastic bin on my top shelf in my fridge to keep the salad dressing in. When I need to find one. I just take the whole thing out and grab what I need and put the rest back up. It keeps them tidy and and easy to find.

I too love using baskets for organization. I love using the strawberry baskets. They hold the little packets that you get from ordering out. I also will line them with parchment paper put other fruit inside.