Finding a Job That Will Pay for School

I am looking for a job that will pay for my college. I am interested in finishing my accounting degree, but I am at a point in my life where I need a job as well. Where do I look?

By LJHiggins from Madison, AL

My son goes to college and works at Dutch Brothers. He makes min. wage but the tips are often more per hour than his pay so this makes a fairly good wage for him. They're very good about working around his schedule.

Ask the guidance counselor/student advisor at your school to help you; this is right up their alley and won't cost you anything.

Look at banks. My son works at a bank and even though he was going to school for something else, they told him if he changed his major they would pay for his education. He did and now he has a financial degree to go along with his music degree, now only one more to go and he will be done with his schooling.

I am sure if you approached an Accountancy Firm

they could be interested in helping you out with a job and it would be good experience for when you

have finished your degree.

The military is an excellent way to get a paid for education. Check out the recruiters in all the branches for the best route for you.

Some ideas:

1. look for jobs on campus, these can be most be flexible.

2. be a paid note taker for another student in one or two of your classes for a disabled student. Check with the Disabled Student services office

3.. if you are thinking of majoring in nursing PA school or medical dr. , social worker, or special education teacher consider being a CNA (certified nursing assistant) part-time for a local home health agency, nursing home or hospital or even disabled college students who need help. Contact your local tech schools on how to become a CNA before starting school. Certified Nursing Assistants make more because of the required training course.

4. Deliver pizza or waitress

5. work as a resident assistant in a dorm