Attach Jars to Your Shelves

When you have loads of small things to store in your shed or workshop, such as nails, screws, etc, here's a cool tip: Save jam jars and screw the lids to the underside of your workshop shelves. You can see what is in the jars and screw/unscrew the jar of your choice. Just make sure your shelf is secure and sturdy enough to take the extra weight.

By Chickybiker

This is an old tip that has always made sense. I can remember my father collecting baby food jars for this purpose.
But I like my idea better. I have a "thing" about taking glass products outside, even into the garage or shed. Which includes using glass jars for storing nuts and bolts. So what I have gotten my husband to do is start collecting small plastic containers with snap-on type lids. He does the same thing. Attaches the lids to the underside of a shelf and fills with his small items. They are still see-thru enough to see what's in there, and easy enough to take off and put on even one-handed. But you have the added safety of no broken glass if one gets dropped!