FamilyPhotos

Treseaun and "Auntie"

This is a picture of "auntie" reading to her nephew Treseaun at Christmas looks like he's really listening to his new book.

By imaqt1962 from Illinois

Good for you! I've read to my children from the very first day they came home from the hospital. My son is almost 16 and we thought for a while that he didn't read well, until a new 1st grade teacher pulled it out of him and he's never stopped! He read adult books. My daughter is in 1st grade and has been reading way above level since she started (3) she's at the middle of 3rd grade level (for comprehension) but can read at an adult level already. It makes it really hard to spell "let's go out for I-C-E C-R-E-A-M" but it's so worth it! She has hundreds of books, you can never have enough. I give books to everyone for gifts. And we read everynight, rain or shine, late or early!

Keep up the good work!

Ooooo - he is precious! I could just eat those sweet cheeks! You're a mighty good aunt to be reading to him already - keep it up! You'll be his favorite aunt for life.

This is special. One of the best gifts you can give a child is a love of books and reading.

From janny in New Zealand

what a precious picture