T-shirt and Iron for Kool-Aid Stains on Carpet

I spilled Hawaiian punch on my carpet and it dried a big red stain into my carpet. I tried resolve and spot shot and neither got them out by themselves. I found this website. Although it seems I couldn't find the original post. Here's how I got it out:

1. Put dish soap and water on the stain and let it set for about a minute.

2. Take a white t shirt and put it over the stain. Use the very edges so that you can repeat this step by using all the surface area of the t-shirt.

3. Take hot iron and run it over the t-shirt that is over the stain. you will start to notice the stain transferring onto the t-shirt. In my case, at the end of this procedure, my t -shirt was almost completely red and it also took out a lot of dirt that one might not notice.

Repeat these steps until it is all gone. It's like magic!

By John

Oh my gosh - this totally worked! I had a professional carpet cleaner come and say that there was no way to get a red Gatorade stain out of the carpet and, by golly, this worked!

I'm so thrilled! It really is like a miracle! That stain had been in the carpet for at least a year, and it still came out. Try it!

I tried the iron trick on my red power aid stain. It was a miracle!!! Thank you.