Tips For A Great Camping Adventure

contest winner icon
  • Build a good fire at night, it keeps the bugs away.
  • Take all the ingredients for s'mores, a must have for camping. And don't forget the marshmallow sticks.
  • Ad

• If you like to read, take good lanterns and battery operated lamps.
  • Remember to sit back and look at the stars. You never get to see them like that with all the lights in town.
  • Be prepared for any kind of weather. Take rain gear, warm clothes and shorts and tanks. I made that mistake once, thought it would be cold and it was 90 degrees.
  • A wonderful camping food if you have it is wrapping fresh fish, lemon, garlic and butter in foil and putting them in the coals in the fire. I've never tasted anything better. Works great for potatoes too, especially the small red ones.
  • Have a wonderful time!
  • By Mythi from Silverdale, WA

Oh I LOVE camping!! Thanks for the tips, makes me want to go, I haven't been camping in soo long!

My family hates it - I'm the only one who likes it, therefore we don't go. Now that I'm married, however, I can make my HUBBY take me!! hehe.