Organize Drawers With Reused Plastic Packaging

I don't know about you but my underwear drawer is frequently in disarray. I keep those clear plastic things that sheets come in and tablecloths because they are good for so many things. Well, I decided to organize my messy drawer by keeping all of my slips in one of these clear plastic bags. No more rummaging around. These bags are good for so many things!

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

GREAT idea, thanks!!

I also save old 'ziploc' bags to organize items. I wash them & let them air dry. If they have a small hole it doesn't matter. This way I'm not throwing out the plastic bag before its time is up. They are great to use for kids' toys that have small parts - zip & store.

Good idea, especially for those "special" things you don't use very often. I use empty shoe boxes in all my kids drawers to divide sox, underwear, tights, undershirts, etc. I also use those big zipper plastic bags that comforters come in to store blankets, linens, and beach towels off-season. It keeps them clean and I throw a fabric softener sheet inside to keep them smelling fresh. I use an empty egg carton to organize my office supplies drawer. It's a cheap alternative to expensive organizers and it divides rubber bands, paperclips, erasers, tabs, etc. very nicely, making them easy to find.

I love to reuse thoe bags that sheets come in. In my craft room I use them in a 6-shelf purse or sweater holder that hangs from the closet rod. They hold paper towel rolls, and other large and miscellaneous items that I save for crafting. I saw the tip in an organizing magazine.