Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Cleaning a Dirt Devil Shampooer

I have a Dirt Devil shampooer and need to clean the clear head where all the gunk gets sucked up. It won't come apart and needs to be cleaned badly. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

By Toni from IN

I have a Hoover Steam vac that has a clear front shield where the dirty water gets sucked back into the machine. Is this what you are referring to? I have cats so mine gets clogged with cat hair no matter how good I vacuum. My hubby fashioned a "slim jim" out of a strip of metal in case he locked his keys in the car. It is a sturdy piece of steel with a notch cut out of it. I slide that into the clear shield and it grabs all that gunk right out of the shampooer. A thin metal coat hanger may work for you. It was too thick for mine.
Sandy