Free or Inexpensive Job Training Opportunities for Stay at Home Mom

Does anyone know of some free colleges or somewhere to get some job skills for a stay at home mom? I really need to go back to school. I can't find a job here in California. Thanks.

By Tammy from S CA

Some states have what is referred to as career learning centers, they are called different things in different states. Call your state job service or department of labor, whatever it is called in California. There are jobs that you can get with a high school diploma----they might not be what you want, but it is income.

I should also add that if you qualify, income wise, the government has grants for people to go to school, and there is also school loans. I know when I went back to school when I was in my 40s I used a combination of grants, loans, and there was also something called displaced homemaker scholarships. The young girls in the class were a little upset because their parents had too much income to qualify for grants and being they weren't displaced homemakers they couldn't get those scholarships.

I live in Houston, TX USA and local libraries teach computer software classes for free. Hope this helps. and God bless you with the job of your dreams.

Thanks everyone for the info.!

You might try the Community Colleges in your area aslo, and talk with them about grants, scholarships and financially aid

Have you figured out what you want to do as a work at home mom? Thats the first thing you need to decide. If you need suggestions, I can recommend medical transcription. Lots of MTs are self-employed and work from home.

I dont know of any free schools that offer MT training, but courses available at medical transcription school Career Step (http://www.care  scription-school) are extremely affordable. Whats more, they offer online classes, so you dont have to spend money on things like fuel, parking, books, etc.

I get the some problem. I'm a stay at home mom at va with no money. I'm looking for some free classes or training fom moms that can take their child with theme ,but i'ts hard to find it.