Cleaning Uggs

I would like to know how or where I could get my Ugg boots cleaned? I have the short tan Uggs and they have gotten very dirty. I also need them to be fixed, because I made a hole on the big toe area of the boot. The hole isn't big, but it needs to be fixed. Thanks.

By Tinaa from Albany, NY

Go to a boot & shoe repair person. It's not as easy to find them these days, but they are out there. Look on the internet, in the phone book & maybe also on Craig's List. But it may cost you more than buying new Uggs on sale! Also, a saddle-maker or leather worker may be able to help you.

To clean them yourself, you can use one of those foam-on carpet & upholstery cleaners. The kind you foam-on, rub-in, then vacuum off. Use a toothbrush for the badly stained areas.

You may be able to fix the hole yourself by using a fabric glue (like "Fabri-Tac") & a piece of strong fabric in the same color as your boot. You'd place the patch under the hole & inside your boot. Farbi-Tac fabric glue sets up right away, so you won''t have to hold the patch in place for very long. Buy this special glue at any fabric or craft store & sometimes Walmart has it. You will know you have the right fabric glue because it's the clear fabric glue in the clear bottle. It costs around $6 & works to hem jeans & is great for lots of other stuff & can be washed, dried in the machine & even dry-cleaned. It's the best fabric glue on the market!

Go to an UGG store, the only one i know is in Salinas, CA, but they must be around. They do all kinds of repairs. and your can buy the fleece re-liners for them for a wee bit over 20 bucks. It is worth the money.

I got stuck in the rain in my new grey Ugg boots and when they dried they had turned a greenish/yellow colour. I've tried cleaning them with the proper Ugg cleaner, but stain doesn't go away. Can anyone please help?

By Nicole from Gibraltar

Answers:

I need to know how to get a black stain off of Uggs.

By Kel from Gaithersburg, MD

Answers:

Cleaning Uggs

Moderately Easy Instructions
Things You'll Need:

• Sponge
  • Cold Water
  • Baking Soda

• Paper Towels Or Newspaper
  • Essential oil
  • Corn flour
  • Suede brush or lint-free towel
  • Leather cleaner and conditioner

1. Use cold water to lightly moisten the outside of the boots only. Do not submerge them in water.
  2. Dilute a cleaner appropriate for leather to form a solution of one part cleaner and one part water.

3. Apply solution to a wet sponge and gently clean boots' outer surface. Rinse with clean sponge dipped in cold water.
  4. Stuff boots with paper towels or newspaper to hold shape and dry out of direct sunlight or direct heat. Direct sunlight or heat will cause shrinkage.

5. Brush boots with a suede brush or lint-free towel to restore the nap.
  6. Use a mixture of 2 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. corn flour to deodorize and soften the inside of the boots. If you wish, you can add a few drops of an essential oil to create a sweet scent. Shake the mixture into the boots and let it stand overnight. Shake the excess out the next day.
Good luck. (11/06/2009)

By kffrmw88