Dealing with Burned (Burnt) Pans

I know two tips for burnt pans. The first one is to boil rhubarb in the pan - it works! The second is to boil a small amount of bio washing powder in the burnt pan - it also works!

By Deb

When I have burnt pan or at least discolored, I cook an apple or sometimes even the peelings, makes it look new again , doesn't take much only a few inches of water with a few peelings

By Lois (Guest Post)

Thanks for the tip about washing powder, worked a treat on a jam pan I thought I'd ruined!

By maggie wells. (Guest Post)

I burned a farberware pot badly cooking chocolate fudge; I forgot it was a new stove and heats hotter and faster than previous burner. There is a 1/8 inch black burnt coating over bottom of pan. Tried warm water with box baking soda overnight. Tried heating slightly and trying to scrape .. nothing. Am wondering if I have to throw pot away.

I burnt my revere frying pan and there are now scratches, it is 2-3 years old and cost a pretty penny.

Shall I throw it out? Or is it still safe to keep?

I also have pots and fry pans burnt on the outside, and would like to know of an easy way to get rid of it. Other than beating the thief who keeps trying to get in my house...