SceneryPhotos

Scenery: Beach Pine (Shore Acres State Park, OR)

While hiking the crazy trails above the Pacific shorelines on the outskirts of Shore Acres State Park in Charleston, I came across this spiky little tree. Its twisted branches reached out in every direction and spiked with, in my opinion, some of the prettiest greens and blues I have ever seen. This shot was my favorite simply because I thought the end of the branch looked like a flower of its own. The circular design and spiky leaves made for a very interesting texture that I enjoy using as a background on my computer.

The trails taken to get to this tree are not the easiest to hike, but they did lead to the small bench in which the tree was planted behind. From this bench, you can look over the ocean and out into the horizon. The wind and water have made grooves in the cliff's side and the jagged edges make for very neat and powerful waves as the ocean crashes up against them. The waves were amazingly huge the day my husband and I went exploring. We even got splashed a couple times. It can get a bit scary, but if you're smart and keep God with you, it's also a LOT of fun. I don't suggest this hike for children or the rather elderly, but anyone else should try, and STAY SAFE!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your photos and messages. I've looked at a map to see where you are. Thanks so much for sharing the beauty you see.

Reply Like this photo? Yes