Cleaning Supply RecipesCleaning

Homemade Version of Top Job Cleaner

Hey does anyone remember the cleaning stuff called Top Job? They've stopped selling it and I think it was about the best stuff since slice bread. I don't really care for any of the new stuff they have on the market now adays. My question, does anyone have any idea of how to maybe make a home version of Tob Job?

Pam

I don't have a recipe but here is the Household Products Database:

http://househol  ih.gov/index.htm

Put in the cleaner you're wondering about and it will give you information.

Top Job has 2 products listed.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Thnk you Susan, I've put site in my favorites to check it out later.
Pam

By (Guest Post)

I was just at our local Family Dollar this week and saw they carried Top Job (in a bottle and a spray cleaner).

By Cindy (Guest Post)

Pam I just e-mailed Proctor and Gamble about Top Job Mr. Clean. I don't like the new products either. They informed me that a company named Heritage Brands in N.

Carolina now makes Top Job. Now I am going to contact them to find out where I can buy it in my area. Perhaps you could do the same.

By Rosemarie (Guest Post)

I Think you might be thinking of the cleaner "Quick Job"
I, Personally think that this is the "BEST" cleaner of all time.

By Cathy G (Guest Post)

Susan,
Your link to the "Household Products Database" is EXCELLENT!!! It has links to numerous sources of information on chemicals in all products on the market. There are links to NIH Pub Medline, which has abstracts of research done on the chemicals in these products. While some of the abstracts seem overwhelming, just look at the "conclusions" at the end of the abstract. Use dictionary.com if you need help with understanding the main point of the paper.

Thanks greatly for this resource. Cathy G.

By Jo (Guest Post)

I just bought 2 bottles of TOP JOB at Wal-Mart.

I get top job cleaner at Walmart. It's my favorite cleaning product

By e.l. filar (Guest Post)

I'm from Maryland and always used the terrific cleaner top job. Now I'm living in southwest Florida and cannot find the product. My son visited from Indianapolis and brought me three large bottles. I don't clean that much but when I do I have my Top Job.

2/22/09. I can't find Top Job anywhere. Has anyone located this product? The original version, green, was the best cleaner ever. My email account is on Yahoo. This is preceeded by my initials followed by the first letters of Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

My first and middle name have the same first letter. Last name starts with H. Hopefully, this info deguises the address sufficiently to allow this request to be posted. Thanks, Janice

I remember "Top Job". Sure do! It was one of the best. I now use Mr. Clean Antibacterial.

Sorry I can't help. I made a "hidden camera" commercial for Top Job (then Proctor and Gamble) 40 years ago. We tested it against amonia (which I used at the time). I was so impressed, that I switched until I couldn't find it any longer. You might be able to find it a Walmart...https://www.wal  -fl-oz/49932650.

I'm trying to find a copy of that commercial.

top job is sold at Walmart for 98 cents I just bought some

They have top job bleach but not the teal green cleaner

The original green Too Job had butyl in it. It, along with ammonia, was the magic. No longer in production and the current cleaners labeled top job are worthless

Top Job Cleaning Products are manufactured by KIK International in Canada. Wal-Mart carries them, yet is often sold out. Go online and find your TJ product, and ask W-M to alert you when they restock. To Job Cleaning Vinegar (natural product) is the bomb on laundry - whitening, odors, and stains.

I discovered this product in 2017. I've saved garments from stains, even after the garment has been thru the wash/dry cycles several times. And the cost is reasonable.