Patio and DeckingHome Improvement

Perking Up a Condo Deck

I have a deck that does not belong to me but it is part of my condo. it is 5 by 7 feet with a wood floor and ceiling. It has vinyl siding on the walls. The back of my condo is about 100 yards from interstate 95, so it can get pretty loud out there. I have a pot of seedlings out there and some wind chimes.

Any ideas to perk this deck up? Money is a problem, but i would love to have a comfortable chair to sit in. The bugs are pretty bad at times - there are the woods nearby. It burns me up that I have this space that I really don't or can't use it.

Any advice?

Sandy

Have you comsidered making a screened porch outmofit..maybe yoy could hang some screening from the top...tie it up when you want/need to, let it hang to bottom, attached with velcro strips, should not be toooo hard to do!

Am thinking of a long rectangular pot with a trellis and a vining plant on it. However, anything you use to obscure the freeway view will also be a place for burglers to hide behind if they break in.

i have thought about the screening material but the ceiling is so high i would be concerned about the screen hanging there. yes i was also thining about the velcro would that stick to wood.