Sealing a Painted Deck

This is a page about sealing a painted deck. Sealing a painted deck will help the paint last longer and extend the life of your deck.

I painted my deck; what can I put on it to seal it? My deck is covered.

By sandy from Mtn. View

Answers

Best Answer

Best is spar varnish, the same stuff as they mop onto the decks of ocean going sail boats. If that is too slick for you, use an oil based porch and floor paint. NOT a latex paint. Latex paints are initially cheaper, but can't handle the abuse, that a proper oil based paint can.

For the really high traffic areas, for example the entrance from the garden to the deck, or around the BBQ, you can mix a bit of PolyFilla into the paint. (NOT any similar wall patching product!) That makes it as hard and durable as a counter top.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor/blog

I just painted my outdoor deck with an acrylic paint. I would like to seal it now. What product do you recommend to use as a sealant on my open air deck? Please be as specific as possible.

Thank you.

Answers

There are a lot of variables...

Is it in direct sun or out of the sun?

What kind of acrylic paint?

Is the deck wood or plastic?

Best to talk to where you bought the acrylic paint and get their take on what works well with that paint on the surface and conditions you have.

My fear is if I tell you a product and it is the wrong for your situation, it will ruin your deck!

Post back with an update! Blessings!

Thompsons products! they have various ones for all types decks!

There are special sealants for the deck. Go to any home improvement store and ask an employee. Bring a can of the paint you used.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingDecember 28, 2015
🌻
📓
🎂