Books and PapersCleaning

Sharpie Marker on Book Cover

I was using a book cover and I accidentaly wrote on the book with Sharpie! Can someone please tell me how to get it out?

Kevin

Nail polish remover will remove, or at least lighten permanent marker. Be advised, though, that it is a solvent, and could damage finishes. I'd think that the worst it would do is put a haze on a shiny book cover. It should be safe for natural fabrics, but be careful on manmade fibers. (I'd have to be desperate to try it on silk, though.) I don't know what kind of fabric is used on books.

By pinkadot (Guest Post)

Hey there! I tried everything to get permanent marker off of my dining table (from nail polish remover to rubbing alcohol.....and guess what actually worked?! Toothpaste!! I found the tip online at a place just like this and was so thankful! I'm glad I can now share it with someone else and hope it works for you as well! Good luck!! ~=o)

~pinkadot~

Anonymous

Thanks so much for the toothpaste advice! I was so happy and surprised to see it work its magic! Who knew?!?

Hi, i remove alot of differant marks on alot of differant things all of the time, i would try the mr clean magic eraser. it has never damaged anything i have used it on. i hope this helps...

By Beth Selby (Guest Post)

AMODEX STAIN REMOVER was listed on a Sharpie website. It's about $8-$10 a bottle.

By Ellzbeth (Guest Post)

I used an eraser of the end of a pencil, and it worked fairly well. Though, if there are little crevices and what-not in the book the eraser will not erase that as well.

Germ-X hand sanitizer will work well, with a wash cloth or something else and dab some in the cover and some on the cloth that you are using.

I used a clorax wipe and it work by litghing up the color. But be careful that it can wipe away some of the surface!

If you write over it with a dry erase marker, it should wipe off.