Time SaversFood Tips

Premeasured Bags of Ingredients

Category Time Savers

I keep zip lock bags of premeasured amounts of flour and sugar in my fridge for those recipes that I use a lot, like chocolate chip cookies and banana bread. It keeps me from having to haul the flour and sugar out every time.

By Catherine

By Faye (Guest Post)

Whenever I make Bread in my breadmaker I measure the dry ingredients 2X. Once in the breadmaker & one into a ziplock baggie. I put the yeast & yeast booster into a seperate baggie and include it with the other ingredients. I list the ingredients on a stick on label & date it.
Nest time I want to make the same recipe, I just put the wet ingredients into the breadmaker, dump the dry ingredients in, add the yeast,etc.
Saves time & only one washing of the measuring cups for the dry ingredients!