Helpful HintsGardening

Use Golf Tube To Water High Plants

In our zeal to keep our hanging tomato planters out of reach of the neighborhood cats, my husband hung them too high for me to water easily. He suggested taping a broom stick to the hose to make it more rigid. When I went outside to water, I decided to steal one of his golf club tubes. The hose slid right through it and can be easily removed when you need to water at ground level.

If you don't happen to have a golfer in your house, these tubes are readily available at garage sales, thrift stores, or in the sporting goods department of any store. They are not expensive even if you buy one new. After I finished watering I was thinking of how many could benefit from this, not just short people like me. If a person needs a wheel chair or a scooter, this would help to water things at a lower level than my "mater" pots.

By Marty Dick from Houston, TX

What a clever idea! Great tip.

Reply Like this photo? Yes