Kitchen AppliancesHome Improvement

Putting a Microwave on a Washing Machine

I have a small sized kitchen. I wish to know whether it is safe to keep microwave oven on top of front-load washing machine? I intend to use only one appliance at one time.

Tagorepark

By ozzylady (Guest Post)

it is safe as long as the microwave isn't too heavy, if it is it can dent the top of the washer or try putting a board (the width of the washer)on the washer (with a towel under so as not to scratch washer) and set the microwave on the board
hope it works for you

Protect from spin-dry vibrations in washing machine: Use rubber or non-slip feet on bottom of microwave.

Be sure the vents on the microwave have the amount of space listed in the user's manual. The vents are usually on the sides, back or top.

Protect the surface of the washer with a wipe-clean surface on top.

Make access to the knobs on the washer easy.

Make sure there is enought power in the outlets. The washer and the microwave should be on separate circuits.

I myself would have a small wheeled cart, with the microwave on top and washing supplies below.

By john (Guest Post)

If there is enough room you could buy the required hardware and put it under a cabinet or whatever.