Choosing Ceiling Light Fixtures?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

I need to replace ceiling light fixtures. Would anyone please guide me on how to choose new ones? Our house is very traditional. The current fixtures are brass and glass. I understand that brass is a traditional look, but I'm seeing lots of silver ones and dark brown ones. What should I choose ?

By carla from Greensboro, NC

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 138 Feedbacks

It's hard to say without seeing your house, furniture, colors, and so on. Keep it traditional if that is your taste. I'd stay with the same finish on all the fixtures so that it harmonizes somewhat. IMO a shiny chrome finish is more contemporary. The dark brown (bronze) might work if you can't find brass.

Remember to donate your old fixtures to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. The one in Greensboro, NC is located on High Point Road. You may even find a used fixture to purchase in their store that will suit your home better than a new one.

Check out the link below for locations of ReStores.
www.habitat.org/.../restore.aspx

Brushed Nickle might work well. Try Restoration Hardward.com or PotteryBarn.com They have some nice fixtures on sale.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJuly 10, 2009
👔
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36466327.tip.html