Decorate a Vase Like a Doll

If you have extra, empty vases, cover them with cloth of your choice. Place a heavy object in bottom to keep the vase from falling over. Buy Styrofoam craft balls or doll heads to fit in the vase opening. Add facial features to Styrofoam balls. Use some yarn for hair. Make a cap from cloth to match the body. It is a good way to use extra vases for inexpensive gifts or knickknacks. I take them to sick friends for a "Get Well," or "Cheer up," gift.

By Gladys

By carol (Guest Post)

I know that this is an old request, I have been trying to make a doll out of a vase. I am having a terrible time with the head and face. I have a 4" opening in the vace. A styrofoam 4" ball fits perfect. What do you cover the ball with and how do you get the features on, paint, draw or glue something on?
Thanks for any help... I just found this web page.

You could pull a piece of nylon stocking over it and paint on that or take a circle of muslim or white cotton and pull it over and gather at the bottom and then glue it in the bottle top.