Homemade Scoop

Need a large scoop say for bird feed or or something else? Save those laundry detergent jugs. Just wash out the empty container and be sure to keep the lid. Draw a line where you are going to cut away the opening of your scoop on the bottom of the jug from the bottom of the handle toward the bottom front corner in an oval shape.

Remember you can always make it bigger, try cutting a small hole until you get an idea of what you are getting done. I angle mine from the handle toward the bottom front corner. Be sure to leave the handle of the jug for your handle.

Depending on what they are going to be used for they make great funnels also. We use one to put gas in the lawn mower by removing the lid and cutting the bottom off. The handle is so "handy". Some jugs have a ready made pour spout.

Source: By necessity. I figured it out after spilling the bird feed one to many times.

By Latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Does any one know how to make a scoop out of a plastic gallon milk jug? I want to make a scoop so that I can use it for my bird seed to feed the outside birds.

By coupchic from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Homemade Scoop

Cut off the bottom. Then, enlarge the bottom at an angle toward the hande. (07/17/2009)

By emilykate84

RE: Homemade Scoop