Problem with Squeaky Doors

Tips for fixing squeaky doors. Post your ideas.

It might sound odd, but try soap. You can soften some soap and rub in the hinges and it should last awhile. I know this because my grandmother used to do it and it would works. It works with drawers too.

By Dana (Guest Post)

Try graphite - it is the same thing that pencil leads are made of - you can find it in most hardware stores - it is a dark powder and you will only need a little bit - keeps forever

Remove one hinge pin at a time. Use a Q-tip and dip it into Vasaline. Coat the pin real good. Reinstall the pin. And do the same to the rest of them.

I did this two years ago, and no squeaks yet.

bobo42

By cbdcook (Guest Post)

What has worked for me is using Pam cooking spray. Just use it like WD-40 and open and shut the door a few times so it works into the hinge. It should work!

By harlene in nj (Guest Post)

i had a squeaky linen closet door that drove me nuts!! WHAT I DID WAS i put a little vaseline on my hands and rubbed it into the hinges on both sides of the door on each hinge..
so far the linen closet hasnt squeaked in almost a year! GOOD LUCK!!

I have a problem with squeaky doors. My home is approximately three years old, so its fairly new. Since we've moved in my doors to my bedroom and bathroom squeak. And they squeak loudly. I've tried sprayind WD-40 but it doesn't work. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thank you

htijerina from South Texas

If you have a squeaky door hinge, spray it with a little silicone spray or WD-40.

By Dina (Guest Post)

Pledge (wood surfaces cleaner) works. Spray on hinges on both sides of door and move door back and forth a few times. Lasts a few months.

My mom ,bless her , used cooking oil, like wesson oil. Worked for her. GG Vi

By Ray (Guest Post)

I just used oil sheen spray (for your hair) on my squeaky door and it worked like a charm.

By KEVIN (Guest Post)

I used the silicone spay method and OMG WOW it worked. I installed this door brand new about 6 months ago and it started squeeking not long after. I thought I had hung it wrong. It looked square and level. After applying the silicone spray, No more squeek. Thanks all...

Kevin