Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Yellow Stains from Stored Baby Clothing

I have saved baby clothes in a cardboard box in the attic for 30 years. They have yellow spots. How do I get the yellow spots out?

By Robin from Knoxville, TN

I just had that problem what I did was to mix a little shout with some water & soak them for about an hour, then washed them as usual they came out great. You can also try soaking them in peroxide & water or baking soda & water.

You might also try soaking them in Ammonia (outside of course) You will want to really rinse them over and over afterwards.

Anonymous

I am thinking that the most gentle solution would be soaking for a short time in 3% hydrogen peroxide (the kind you purchase in the brown bottle at the pharmacy) and then gently rubbing the fabric together if need be and then immediately rinsing and then washing with a gentle soap.