HealthDogs

Pug With Yeast Infection?

I have a 5 month old pug named Gordo. I love him dearly but I can tell something is wrong and I cannot afford the vet everytime I think something is wrong.

It started out him getting sick once in a while to now about every other night. He was throwing up but I have changed his diet and feeding times and that has seemed to control that. His stools are still a little runny and frequent. (very frequent) He has an odor even after I bath him. He smells like frito chips if you can believe that one. I put him in a kennel at night and he always wakes to let me know when he needs to go out. Last night he pooped all over the cage and just sat there.

What am I doing wrong or is he sick and I need to consult a vet? I read somewhere that if pugs smell they might possibly have a yeast infection. Am I on to something or way out there?

Amanda

Consult your vet. He could have worms or a virus or allergies or anything. You won't really know unless you take him to the vet. The poor things is probably miserable if he is defecating in his kennel and has to stay in there. Also, you don't want him to get dehydrated.

You love your pet so get him to the vet as soon as you can. It doesn't sound like something you can mess around with. Ask the vet if you can set up a payment plan with him if the bill is real high. Your pet is worth it at any cost!

I agree. The dog needs help from a vet.

VET, immediately!

It sounds as though he needs immediate medical care. Usually if you take your pet to the vet for a recurring problem, they shouldn't charge you as much for a follow-up visit. A pet is an expense. Many years ago, a local vet only knew basic care to treat sick pets. If they couldn't help an animal in pain, it was put down. As hard as that was, it is worse I think at the present time. Some people just can't afford it. Today with all the new technology, they can treat them for just about anything that goes wrong. The problem is that it is usually expensive. I choose not to get any more pets, and believe me, it is difficult since I have always had at least two dogs and two cats. I can't afford it anymore. I know a lot of people, especially the elderly, that are in the same situation. At the moment, we do have a nine year old dog with slight health problems. I dread the day that we have to make that decision that we can't afford to give her medical care and make that horrible decision to put her down.

GET YOUR PUP TO THE VET NOW !!! HE IS SICK AND NEEDS HELP, IT JUST MIGHT BE SOMETHING SIMPLE , LIKE WORMS OR FOOD ALLERGY ! BUT PLEASE TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY. HE IS SICK AND HE IS PROBABLY VERY MISERABLE !

Yes, this baby is suffering..I am sure the vet would be willing to let you pay "on time" if you explained that payment is hard for you.
Please don't let the pup suffer any longer..it would be kinder to euthenize him. I am not sure of that spelling, and hate suggesting that, but it is better than letting him go on suffering.
I am sorry about your trouble.

I know that Frito smell, I have smelled it on a dog I had who was very sick. It was because he had a fever and the smell comes out of the paw pads. He has some kind of infection and fever and should see the vet.

TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE RISK? YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALL THE VET AND TELL THEM THE SYMPTOMS AND THEY MAY TELL YOU WHAT IT MAY SOUND LIKE.. THEY DO HAVE CHEAP CLINICS FOR ANIMALS IN ALMOST EVERY AREA.. CALL AND ASK FOR PRICES.. ALL VETS HAVE DIFFRENT PRICES.

Oh, take this pup to the vet. He is certainly ill.

Why did you get the Pug if you were not prepared for frequent Vet visits? It is pretty common knowledge that Pugs have various issues that require vet attention more than the average dog. This is the exact reason WHY PEOPLE SHOULD RESEARCH THE BREED BEFORE THEY COMMIT.

Your pet needs vet care!

Have you had him checked for Parvo?

All pugs smell like fritos, no matter how clean you keep them. its their fur. Yeast infections to ears are a common occurrence with pugs.

I agree with getting your puppy to the vet soon. I am truly appalled, however, by the people chastising you for what you "should have" done. You adopted a dog and gave it a home. The fact that you are inexperienced with dogs isn't your fault, nor is your socioeconomic status. You did the right thing by seeking help from every avenue possible, and quite frankly, I don't blame you for being hesitant to take your dog to the vet.

While most vets are reputable, there is a vet in my city who gauges people with needless tests and costs that run into the hundreds and thousands of dollars. I am amazed that they are still in business, but they are.

I hope your baby is okay. As for the "should haves" you "should have" realized that your comments did no one any good! What's done is done and this poor woman is seeking help, not your judgement.