TravelTravel and Recreation

Make Iced Tea When Traveling

I take students to a yearly school related competition in different parts of the country, and we usually travel on a shoestring. Recently I discovered a way to save some money on the bottled drinks that are so expensive when staying in major hotels and buying them in the gift shop or coffee shop.

In the evening, after the day's events are over, I make hot water in the coffee pot, then steep a hotel tea bag in a tall hotel cup, sweetened with hotel sugar or sweetener. I then transfer the tea to a plastic bottle from a previously purchased drink or to a travel mug with a lid. I put the tea in the fridge if there is one or overnight in an ice bucket.

The next day, after I have had my hotel coffee in my room, I grab my tea and head for the meetings or events we are scheduled to attend. I have shared this tip with the students also!

By G Dries from Bear DE

This is a trick that we have used for years. We also brew tea before we leave home, put it in a HiC container and keep it cold in a cooler. We drink it all day long. This saves so much money. Great thoughts.

I do the same thing with the coffee they supply with the coffee pot. I brew the coffee, mix in the sweetener & cream, then pour it over a big to-go mug of ice to take with me when I leave.