Cleaning Leather Furniture?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

How is the best way to clean a leather recliner chair? The chair is beige in colour and looks very grubby.

By carolyn from Sydney, NSW

Best Answer

I use Castile soap to clean the leather, it is very mild and doesn't dry it out or have any silicone or waxes to damage it. Don't use saddle soap unless your furniture is as tough as a saddle, this will only damage fine leather. There are also very few leathers that need to be "conditioned" just cleaned regularly.

Best Answer

I am on my second Leather 3 piece suite because after cleaning my old chesterfield suite for 15 years, 1 decided that it was time for a change for a new one, That was 3 years ago, I gave it to a friend who was well pleased with it. Because it still looked brand new, and through the years all I used to clean was a spot of washing up liquid in warm water.

Put cloth in and wring out and just use damp. Then let dry and use either a good leather cleaner or leather wipes. Micro cloths are very good to get grease, etc. off just use it damp. This is tried and tested.

Try looking for a good leather cleaner in the auto department at Walmart or Auto Zone.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 20, 2011
👔
🎆
😎
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf387211.tip.html