Using Small Fabric Scraps For Quilt Tops

Everyone who sews has lots of small scraps. I use mine to make quilt tops. Cut muslin or light color fabric into strips 4 inches wide and as long as you want the quilt (maybe 3 yards). Or you can cut squares about 10-12 inches. Use the sew and flip method to sew the scraps onto the muslin, not trying to match colors.

If using squares you probably want to sew the first scrap diagonally across the center. Turn the muslin side up and trim the scrap edges to match. Sew the strips together. Scraps that are too small for this quilt go to a friend who paper-pieces.

By Bettie

By Sandy (Guest Post)

What is the sew and flip method?

By llafaut (Guest Post)

I don't know what the sew & flip method is either and I sew a lot so would find this useful for my 5 million fabric scraps, lol

In These Pages
Crafts QuiltingFebruary 18, 2005
🌻
🎂
📓