PotteryCrafts

Cheap Kiln

I am in a need of help. I am trying to find a cheap kiln to buy for my projects. Any suggestions?

Maria from Somerville, MA

By LadyLeonesse (Guest Post)

Maria, Check your local "want advertiser" magazine.. Through the years Ive bought 2 great working kilns for little money. Best of luck to you :)

Ebay has some kilns listed under $100 used, these are the smaller ones that would do one or two pieces. Depending on where you live, you might want to look into a local place that you could fire peices for a set price per square inch or a full studio where you can create and fire.

I have a membership in the Atlanta area that is one price to make, glaze and fire pottery. When I lived in Augusta, GA, there was a local slip casting studio that would take regular clay and fire it for set prices.

Given that a large kiln takes about $36 per firing of electrical use, you might want to look into other options.

By Rose Mary B (Guest Post)

check out the yahoo group called ceramics@yahoo, I belong to that group and someone just posted some pretty cheap kilns and in fact one is free, you need just to pick it up. No shipping. RoseMary B