Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew

On the bottom of the crock, first throw in a bag of baby carrots. Then throw in some peeled and cubed up potatoes. On top of the vegetables add some cubed beef (stew meat). Then in a separate bowl mix in one can of cream of mushroom soup and an envelope of dry onion soup mix. Pour over meat. Cook all day on low (8+ hours) until veggies are tender. Sometimes I serve this over noodles or add sour cream to it for a different flavor.

By Kim in NJ

By pats/az (Guest Post)

Hi I have used this recipe for years and it is always a hit with family and friends.

However I don't bother to peel the potatoes. I just clean them and chunk them up and throw them in.

I sometimes add other vegies along with the carrots and potatoes. Such as parsnips, frozen green beans, or peas etc.

I really recommend this recipe and thank you for submitting it.

I can't wait to try this recipe! I hope I did it right. I have a large crock pot. It's been on low for about 4 hours and seems to be cooking all right.

I was concerned because the recipe didn't say how much meat or potatoes to put in. I put in a bag (1 lb) of baby carrots, 5 cubed potatoes and a pound of beef.

Any suggestions for the future in case I didn't put in enough of this or too much of that? Should I add any water?

Thanks!